Bryan Traubert, MD
Former Founder and Partner, Eye Physicians and Surgeons of Chicago
Bryan Traubert is a board certified ophthalmologist who practiced in Chicago for over 30 years. He received his BS from The Citadel and his MD degree from the University of Illinois. He completed his ophthalmology residency at Michael Reese Hospital in Chicago, and a fellowship in clinical medical ethics at the University of Chicago.
His civic engagement includes:
• Founder and Board Chair of Chicago Run, a nonprofit organization that serves over 16,000 Chicago
public school children with in-school running programs
• Founder and Board Chair of Take The Field, a nonprofit organization that has raised private funds to build 14 state-of-the-art artificial turf fields in underserved Chicago neighborhood parks
• President of the Chicago Park District, one of the largest U.S. urban park districts
• President of the Pritzker Traubert Family Foundation
• Board member of the National Park Foundation and Partnership for a Healthier America
• Trustee of The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
Among his interests are public policy, politics, running, swimming, cycling, tennis, skiing, gardening, theater, and contemporary art and architecture. He is married to Penny Pritzker, a Chicago business executive who is currently serving in the Obama Administration. Penny and Bryan have two adult children.