Becoming a Fellow
We seek exceptional individuals who:
- have built a career of major accomplishments (20-30 years) and who now seek to deepen their knowledge and/or embrace new fields.
- seek to enrich and enhance their life journey through renewing purpose, building community and recalibrating wellness and health
- wish to undergo a personal transition to new roles with social impact at the local,national or global level.
- are eager to actively participate in and contribute to the unique learning environment of Stanford University and foster a productive life through intellectual pursuits, programmatic development, intergenerational engagements, and health and wellness activities that are aimed at improving individual lives and the life of communities.
Fellows are selected based on how their participation in the program will shape their future life journeys. A record of successful collaborative efforts is considered along with knowledge, skills, and accomplishments. Consideration is also given to the potential of fellows to contribute to the program and the broader global community.
DCI Partners Program:
Spouses or life partners of DCI Fellows have the opportunity to participate fully in all aspects of the program as designated DCI Partners. If a spouse or partner is interested in being considered as a DCI Partner, he or she should complete the DCI Partner Application (see button below).
- DCI has made the decision to transition in 2018 to an academic year program, which will run from September 1, 2018 through August 31, 2019.
- The application period for the 2018 academic year closed on January 2, 2018. DCI faculty will review all submissions, and finalists will be interviewed in person or by telephone. Applications for the 2019 academic year will open in September 2018.